Property: Hongdae Doolee House
Date: 24 October 2014 - 26 October 2014 (2 nights)
Price: 45,000 KRW (~RM 139.50) per night
Room Type: Single Private (Shared Bathroom)
Booked via booking.com
I walked passed by this tembok everyday. Pergi & balik. Jalan ni is a bit hilly, ada kena mendaki sikit mau sampai guesthouse.
Dalam naver.map, guesthouse ni belum wujud. Previously it was a restaurant if I'm not mistaken. It seem that the guesthouse kept the Zone-graffiti.
|# Doolee House, Hongdae|
The night where I have to run back to the hostel because it was already past the curfew time...I seriously thought I would end up sleeping at those stairs.
|# Reception area|
|# Laluan to the guest rooms|
My room was on the first floor hence perlu menapak naik tangga. Doolee doesn't have lift.
|# 4-beds mixed dorm|
|# Double room|
|# The single bedroom|
My crib for the last 2 nights in Seoul
|# Kitchen dry area|
Cum common area too.
|# Spacious wet kitchen|
|# Dining Table|
Where I have my breakfast every morning. Doolee House provides breakfast for free. Bread, jam, butter, tea, coffee, green tea...cukuplah kan buat alas perut.
|# With one of the staff; lovely Swan|
The girl that called me 'cute' when I arrived late that night. I was sweating in such cold temperatures for God sake yet boleh dia panggil aku cute. Redha jaklah.
Swan-ssi speaks good English. And I learned few Hangul from her. She was cleaning the house when I was about to check out. She paused her chores & we have a chit-chat before I bid her goodbye. And when I was about to leave the house...
"I like you. Neomu joh-a. Because u so friendly. Hope we can meet again. Have a safe trip. Annyeonghigaseyo."
Wah terharu, boleh? Friendly la sangat, walhal mulut memang macam popcorn.
- The house doesn't provide password for the front door. Guest need to ring the bell in order to enter. And staff(s) will be at the house only until 12am. Hence, the curfew time. Be back before 12am else u'll end up sleeping outside. Luck was at my side the other day because Swan was still at the house when I arrived late that night. Almost half an hour late. Sobs.
- Wifi is super fast & it's free!
- In the web, it is stated Doolee House is located approximately 10 minutes from Hongik Station Line 2 (Exit 8). But I'd say it depends on how fast one walk because I can reach the house in 5 minutes. Berjalan santai lagi.
- The rate was a bit pricey but I am pretty satisfied with the facilities. Some more it is located in the heart of Hongdae. Neighbourhood yang lengkap serba serbi.
- Would I recommend this property? Yes!